Yesterday, I got an email from one of my elder sister, attached with a nice story… I am posting that nice, fascinating story here… Hope you will like it. Morevoer, It might seem common to many of you. Though, I wish to share, that is it! 🙂
In addition, I have also collected some other quotations of Arthur Ashe. I’ve put them at the bottom of the post.
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983.
From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: “Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease”?
To this, Arthur Ashe replied:
“The world over — 50 million children start playing tennis, 5 million learn to play tennis,
500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam,
50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals,
when I was holding a cup I never asked GOD ‘Why me?’.
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD ‘Why me?’ ”
“Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrow keeps you Human,
Failure keeps you humble and Success keeps you glowing, but only Faith & Attitude Keeps you going..
Arthur Ashe quotes:
- True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
- One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.
- There is a syndrome in sports called ”paralysis by analysis.
- Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can
- If I were to say, ”God, why me?” about the bad things, then I should have said, ”God, why me?” about the good things that happened in my life.
Sources: Google, Thinkexist dot com