Here are twenty powerful secrets that will help you form meaningful relationships with people:
- When two people meet, the prize always goes to the one with the most self-insight. He will be calmer, more confident, more at ease with the other.
- Never permit the behavior of other people to tell you how you feel.
- Pay little attention to what people say or do. Instead, try to see their innermost motive for speaking and acting.
- Any friendship requiring the submission of your original nature and dignity to another person is all wrong.
- Mystically speaking, there is no difference between you and another person. This is why we cannot hurt another without hurting ourselves, nor help another without helping ourselves.
- When we are free of all unnecessary desires toward other people, we can never be deceived or hurt.
- You take a giant step toward psychological maturity when you refuse to angrily defend yourself against unjust slander. For one thing, resistance disturbs your own peace of mind.
- You understand others to the exact degree that you really understand yourself. Work for more self-knowledge.
- Do not be afraid to fully experience everything that happens to you in your human relations, especially the pains and disappointments. Do this and everything becomes clear at last.
- The individual who really knows what it means to love has no anxiety when his love is unseen or rejected.
- If you painfully lose a valuable friend, do not rush out at once for a replacement. Such action prevents you from examining your heartache and breaking free of it.
- Do not be afraid to be a nobody in a social world. This is a deeper and richer truth than appears on the surface.
- Every unpleasant experience with another person is an opportunity to see people as they are, not as we mistakenly idealize them. The more unpleasant the other person is, the more he can teach you.
- You can be so wonderfully free from a sense of injury and injustice that you are surprised when you hear others complain of them.
- We cannot recognize a virtue in another person that we do not possess in ourselves. It takes a truly loving and patient person to recognize those virtues in another.
- Do not mistake desire for love. Desire leaves home in a frantic search for one gratification after another. Love is at home with itself.
- There are parts of you that want the loving life and parts that do not. Place yourself on the side of the positive forces: do all you can to aid and encourage them.
- You must stop living timidly from fixed fears of what others will think of you and of what you will think of yourself.
- Do not contrive to be a loving person: work to be a real person. Being real is being loving.
- The greatest love you could ever offer to another is to so transform your inner life that others are attracted to your genuine example of goodness.
Source: “Twenty Special Secrets,” from ‘Mystic Path to Cosmic Power‘, by Vernon Howard
There are many things in life about which we are bothered. We often sit to count which things we deserved but we didn’t get. Sometimes I felt so “ill-fated” for not getting many things in life as I worked hard for them. Sometimes I am so pained for having a ligament injury in my knee. Once in my adolescent days, I even thought of not keeping my life anymore….
But there are some incidents that could make us feel different, like I did. Life has always many chances… I heard in my childhood, don’t know whose said it–
Every sunrise offers a second chance.
And another thing quotation I liked–
“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
Continue reading “No Arms No Legs No Worries”
This article is collected from menxp.com
Why are relationships so hard today? Why do we fail at love every time, despite trying so hard? Why have humans suddenly become so inept at making relationships last? Have we forgotten how to love? Or worse, forgotten what love is?
We’re not prepared. We’re not prepared for the sacrifices, for the compromises, for the unconditional love. We’re not ready to invest all that it takes to make a relationship work. We want everything easy. We’re quitters. All it takes is a single hurdle to make us crumble to our feet. We don’t let our love grow, we let go before time.
It’s not love we’re looking for, only excitement and thrill in life. We want someone to watch movies and party with, not someone who understands us even in our deepest silences. We spend time together, we don’t make memories. We don’t want the boring life. We don’t want a partner for life, just someone who can make us feel alive right now, this very instant. When the excitement fades, we discover nobody ever prepared us for the mundane. We don’t believe in the beauty of predictability because we’re too blinded by the thrill of adventure.
Continue reading “Why Modern Relationships Are Falling Apart So Easily Today”
After watching Logan, it is not recommended from me, I feel. I mean, though all those x-men series movies are generally all the same, this one has got too much intense scenes and also profanity; the use of certain words were not so comfortable during the watch. The kid Laura even beheaded people. There are fighting scenes like of savages. These things have effect on people in this modern world. I am deeply concerned regarding these widespread brutality in movies and news channels. They are intoxicating people by making them desensitized, day by day.
Well, the end of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is tragic to fans. He had a nice time in X-men movies. but this movie of Marvel Entertainment has got much (!!) emotions that they usually are devoid of. There was a tone of ‘death off Wolverine’ in the whole movie. At least, I sat to watch deadpool and had to retreat out of it’s high profanity level.
There was a philosophy in the end and in the middle with deaths of Charles and Logan. Life is such. no matter how awesome we serve in young age, there will be weakness in old age. we need meaning of our life, on our own explanations.
when somehow you manage to see old posts of 2008-2009 in facebook and find many of them those persons you interacted are not even alive; some of them haven’t come before your eyes for half a decade. No matter how good was your relationship with people, they are living life of theirs, you yours. you could feel how fragile this life is. you could feel the whole world is truly an illusion. nothing, literally nothing is yours.
we distract ourselves from the unpleasant truths often. but in the end, nothing matters. once our personal diaries used to remind us many things of the past, now facebook does it in horrific way. nothing will remain, neither you and I. yet we cry out of our attachments to these things. A fake ‘respect/esteem’ in front of people is our need. But nothing will remain, no ‘pride’, no asset, nothing. only we, our souls are true. in our very solitude it comes to its real face. tough to accept, yet it is it.
We go through bad times. Bad times are inevitable for everyone. In fact, bad times are true part of life. And there is other phase, which is, not bad time. which we consider as good time. As there isn’t continuous hardship, we feel good in that phase, sometimes are obsessed with that ‘not bad’ phase. But in reality, without hardship, nothing is achieved. To reach 5th floor, we are to go through upstairs, stepping every step up against the gravity, burning calories. Even to reach at door, we are to take pains, hardships. Life is all about this, anything we get is through hardship. On the other hand, whenever we go through hardship, we should feel that am pretty close to some ‘achievements’ which could be physical, intellectual, spiritual, emotional. We need to be ‘okay’ with bad times. They are gems. #TheAuraOfLife
one of the keys to have a true ‘life’ is patience. because anything on earth takes time to grow, to happen. a tree is a tree since the first day of its seed is planted. but it takes a very fixed amount of time to be a tree with branches, leaves and fruits. the whole world has its own set of rules for anything to be happened. we might feel that we should achieve anything in life too fast because we want it. but in reality it can’t be. so, to make anything happen, to reach in success from failure, to cure from sickness, we are to be have patience even after doing right things. in the era of Internet, social networks, extreme show of possessions we fail to realize that it takes time for anything to reach in a complete state. A child should stay nine months in mother’s womb. premature products aren’t well functioning in most cases. so, we need patience in every aspects of life to live. And we need to accept it to our heart. All great men has an incredible quality named ‘patience’. in other word, none can be great without patience. #theAuraOfLife
there is no ‘little work’ when we do them with love, with our heart, with our being. when we do something with joy, it enriches us, grows us and strengthen our spirit.
I love loving others, meeting someone I never knew before and giving a space in the heart. life is beautiful when we are aware, when we feel the charm of living.